This Privacy Notice describes how MetaWealthTM collects and processes your personal data through the MetaWealthTM websites and applications that reference this Privacy Notice. MetaWealthTM refers to an ecosystem comprising MetaWealthTM websites (whose domain names include but are not limited to www.MetaWealth.co), mobile applications, clients, applets and other applications that are developed to offer MetaWealthTM Services, and includes independently-operated platforms, websites and clients within the ecosystem. “MetaWealthTM Operators” refer to all parties that run MetaWealthTM, including but not limited to legal persons, unincorporated organizations and teams that provide MetaWealthTM Services and are responsible for such services. “MetaWealthTM” as used in this Policy includes MetaWealthTM Operators.
MetaWealth Platform SRL, a company registered at 25 Strada Ziduri Moși, Sector 2,Bucharest. 021204 Romania is the data controller for personal data collected in connection with provision of MetaWealthTM services.
1. What Personal Data does MetaWealthTM collect and process?
- email address; - name; - username; - data included on government -issued ID; - gender; - date of birth; - home address; - phone number; - nationality; - bank account; - device ID; - a video recording of you and a photographic image; - transactional information; - criminal convictions and offences;
- the Internet protocol (IP)address used to connect your computer to the Internet; - login, e-mail address, password and location of your device or computer; - MetaWealthTM Services metrics(e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, and your settings preferences); - version and time zone settings;
- transaction history; - Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources such as credit history information from credit bureaus;
- Information about your behavior: we may process information about you on your behavior and your activity for marketing and advertising purposes.
Why does MetaWealthTM process my personal data?
- Transaction services. We use your personal data to process your orders, and to communicate with you about orders and services; - Communicate with you. We use your personal data to communicate with you in relation to MetaWealthTM Services (send you administrative notifications, such as security, support, and maintenance advisories); - Customer support. We use your personal data to provide customer support and respond to your requests and inquiries; - We collect and process identity information and Sensitive Personal Data (as detailed in section 1) to comply with our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations;
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve MetaWealthTM Services. We use your personal data to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of MetaWealthTM Services.
- Fraud prevention and credit risks. We process personal data to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, MetaWealthTM Services and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Improve our services. We process personal data to improve our services and for you to have a better user experience; - Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal data to recommend features and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with MetaWealthTM Services;
What is the legal basis for our use of personal data?
Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal data to take and handle orders, and process payments. Legal obligation; to comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations. Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to processing your personal data for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
Our legitimate interests and the interests of our users when, for example, we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves, or others; Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, and process payments.
Legal obligation; to comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations; Our legitimate interests and the interests of our users when, for example, we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves, or others;
Our legitimate interest to improve our services; Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
2. Can Children Use MetaWealthTM Services?
MetaWealthTM does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to use MetaWealthTM Services.
3. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
4. Does MetaWealthTM Share My Personal Data?
Information about our users is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our users' personal data to others. MetaWealthTM shares users' personal data only as described below and with the subsidiaries or affiliates of MetaWealthTM that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, and assessing and managing credit risk. These third-party service providers only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal data in accordance with our contractual agreements and only as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, user data generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice(unless, of course, the user consents otherwise) and bound to the legal standards for data protection, including the obligation to inform users about the transfer and all the changes occurring therefore. Also, in the unlikely event that MetaWealthTM or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user data will be one of the transferred assets, following the legal standards for data protection, including the obligation to inform users about the transfer and all the changes occurring therefore.
5. International transfers of personal data
MetaWealthTM may transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). MetaWealthTM puts in place suitable technical, organizational and contractual safeguards(including Standard Contractual Clauses), to ensure that such transfer is carried out in compliance with applicable data protection rules, except where the country to which the data is transferred has already been determined by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection.
6. How Secure is My Personal Data?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind. We work to protect the security of your personal data during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal data. Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity to protect you against unauthorized access to your account password. We recommend using a unique password for your MetaWealthTM account that is not utilized for other online accounts and to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
7. What About Advertising?
In order for us to provide you with the best user experience, we may share your personal data with our marketing partners for the purposes of targeting, modeling, and/or analytics as well as marketing and advertising. You may opt-out of sharing personal information with our marketing partners, unless we have a compelling legitimate interest to do so.
8. What Information Can I Access?
You can access all your personal data, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and transaction history by reaching out to our support team.
9. What Rights Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your personal data, please contact support@MetaWealth.co.
When you consent to our processing your personal data for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances, by contacting support@MetaWealth.co.
Right to access: you have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal data are processed and to obtain a copy of it as well as certain information related to its processing; Right to rectify: you can request the rectification of your personal data which are inaccurate, and also add to it. You can also change your personal information in your Account at any time; Right to delete: you can, in some cases, have your personal data deleted; Right to object: you can object, for reasons relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data. For instance, you have the right to object to commercial prospection; Right to restrict the processing: in certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data; Right to portability: in some cases, you can ask to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or, when this is possible, that we communicate your personal data on your behalf directly to another data controller; Right to withdraw your consent: for processing requiring your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Exercising this right does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the withdrawal of the latter; Right to define the instructions relating to the use of your personal data postmortem: you have the right to define instructions relating to the retention, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death, depending on applicable laws in the region you are located in; Right to lodge complaints to the relevant data protection authority.
10. How Long Does MetaWealthTM Keep My Personal Information?
We keep your personal data to enable your continued use of MetaWealthTM Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, and as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, compliance withAnti-Money Laundering laws, or as otherwise communicated to you.
11. Contact Information
Our data protection officer can be contacted at support@MetaWealth.co, and will work to address any questions or issues that you have with respect to the collection and processing of your personal data.
12. Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions